Antimicrobial wound contact layer
Antimicrobial soft silicone wound contact layer
Mepitel® Ag is an antimicrobial soft wound contact layer with Safetac® technology. It adheres gently, which minimises trauma to the wound bed and the surrounding skin as well as pain to the patient during dressing removal
Mepitel Ag delivers antimicrobial activity within 4 hours and up to 8 days (in vitro)
- Supports undisturbed wound healing
- Allows exudate to pass vertically into a secondary dressing
- Inactivates a wide range of wound relevant pathogens (in vitro)
- Demonstrated ease of application and removal
- Conforms well to graft sites and difficult-to-dress areas
When to use Mepitel Ag
Mepitel Ag is indicated for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, sutured/surgical wounds, partial thickness burns, partial and full thickness grafts, lacerations, diabetic ulcers, venous ulcers, and arterial ulcers.
Silver sulphate is added to the dressing as a preservative to inhibit or reduce microbial growth on the dressing.