Antimicrobial wound contact layer
Antimicrobial soft silicone wound contact layer
Mepitel® Ag is an antimicrobial soft wound contact layer with Safetac® technology. It adheres gently minimising trauma to the wound bed and the surrounding skin as well as pain to the patient during dressing removal
Mepitel Ag releases silver ions creating an effective antimicrobial barrier up to eight days (in vitro)
- Supports undisturbed wound healing
- Allows exudate to pass vertically into a secondary dressing
- Inactivates a wide range of wound relevant pathogens (in vitro)
- Demonstrated ease of application and removal
- Conforms well to graft sites and difficult-to-dress areas
When to use Mepitel Ag
Mepitel Ag is indicated for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds such as skin tears, skin abrasions, sutured/surgical wounds, partial thickness burns, partial and full thickness grafts, lacerations, diabetic ulcers, venous ulcers, and arterial ulcers.
Silver sulphate is added to the dressing as a preservative to inhibit or reduce microbial growth on the dressing.
How to use Mepitel Ag
Watch how to apply Mepitel Ag
Mepitel Ag - conformability and removal