All-in-one foam heel dressing
Mepilex Border Heel (original)
Five-layer foam dressing for pressure ulcer prevention and management of heel wounds
Mepilex® Border Heel dressing is the only five-layer foam heel dressing proven to prevent pressure ulcers when used with other standard prevention protocols
This all-in-one dressing design also creates an optimal healing environment for managing moderate- to high-exuding wounds on the heel. It effectively absorbs and retains exudate
The design also includes Safetac® – the original less-pain contact layer with silicone adhesion. So the dressing moulds softly to skin without sticking to the moist wound
- Proven to prevent pressure ulcers – when used with other standard prevention protocols
- Protects against the extrinsic factors that cause pressure ulcers – pressure, shear, friction and micro-climate
- Mepilex Border with Safetac technology minimises pain during dressing changes
- Excellent fluid-handling capacity and retention
- Reduces risk of maceration
Further product information
When to use Mepilex Border Heel
Mepilex ® Border Heel is specifically designed to fit the heel. The five-layer absorbent foam structure effectively manages exudate and the wound environment. So you can use it in the treatment of exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, heel ulcers, traumatic wounds, and other secondary healing wounds.
Pressure ulcer prevention
Mepilex Border Heel has been proven to prevent pressure ulcers
Note: using dressings as a prophylactic therapy does not replace the need a comprehensive pressure ulcer prevention protocol.
How to use Mepilex Border Heel
Watch how to easily apply Mepilex Border Heel to help you achieve the best result for your patient.