EXUDATE TRANSFER DRESSING WITH SAFETAC TECHNOLOGY
Mepilex Transfer is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. As the Safetac layer seals around the wound, the foam structure of Mepilex Transfer allows the exudate to move vertically into a secondary absorbent pad, maintaining a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Transfer can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. Benefits of Mepilex Transfer
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Transfers exudate away from the wound
- Stays in place allowing for "hands-free" to facilitate application of compression or retention bandages
- Promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress areas
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the wound condition
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
Areas of use Mepilex Transfer is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as fungating tumours, epidermolysis Bullosa (EB), and venous leg ulcers. Mepilex Transfer can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and/or large areas with fragile skin.
Indications for Use:
- Venous leg ulcers, especially under compression to maximize efficacy on anti-bacterial dressings or protect peri-wound area
- Difficult to dress wounds including metastatic lesions
- Large wounds
- Wounds on difficult to manage areas including those associated with fragile skin
NOTE: Should be used in combination with an absorbent cover dressing. Can be used under compression.
Directions for Use:
- Cleanse the wound area and dry the surrounding skin.
- Apply one side of dressing allowing Mepilex® Transfer to overlap the surrounding skin by at least 5 cm.
- Remove half of the release film and apply one side of dressing; remove remaining release film and smooth in place. Do not stretch.
- Apply an appropriate cover dressing according to wound exudate level and fixate in place.
NOTE: Mepilex® Transfer can remain in place for up to 7 days as indicated by wound condition. The absorbent cover dressing may be changed more frequently if required. Mepilex® Transfer can be cut to size if required.
- Mepilex® Transfer should not be used with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.
- Mepilex® Transfer should be stored in dry conditions below 35°C (95°F) and be protected from direct sunlight.
- In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment
- Do not use if inner package is damaged. Sterility is guaranteed if inner package is intact. Do not resterilize