THIN, ABSORBENT FOAM DRESSING WITH SAFETAC TECHNOLOGY
Mepilex Lite is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. Benefits of Mepilex Lite
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Stays in place allowing for "hands-free" to facilitate application of compression or retention bandages
- Promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- Can be left in place during radiotherapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
- Well suited to be used under compression bandages
- Can be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- Can be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- Low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use Mepilex Lite is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers and traumatic wounds, e.g. skin tears and secondary healing wounds.
Indications for Use:
- Foot ulcers
- Radiation skin reactions
- Leg ulcers
- Partial Thickness burns
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Pressure ulcers
Mepilex® Lite is intended for wounds with minimal to low exudate. Mepilex® Lite can also be used for protection of compromised or fragile skin. Appropriate for use under compression and in conjunction with hydrogels.
Directions for Use:
- Gently cleanse the wound; dry surrounding skin. (Mepilex® Lite will not adhere to a moist surface.)
- Choose a dressing size that will allow the Mepilex® Lite dressing to overlap the wound area by 1 to 2 cm. Mepilex® Lite can be cut to size if required.
- Remove one side of the release film and apply Mepilex® Lite to side of wound. Do not stretch. Remove remaining release film and gently smooth in place.
- Border with Mepitac® tape to fixate in place or cover with a non-adhesive fixation product such as Tubifast® 2-Way Stretch or Tubigrip.