Mepilex Border is an absorbent and self-adherent dressing with Safetac technology. It now handles more wound fluid for ultimate security and protection. It consists of the following 5 layers:
- Safetac technology wound contact layer
- Enhanced moisture control foam pad
- Spreading Layer
- Highly Absorbent retention layer
- Backing Film with Increased Breathability
Safetac is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. Dressings with Safetac technology are atraumatic both during wear and upon removal. These dressings minimize trauma to the wound and the surrounding skin, which minimizes pain to the patient.
How Mepilex Border works
Mepilex Border is an all-in-one foam dressing that effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimising the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures that the dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or surrounding skin or exposing the patient to additional pain.
Mepilex Border is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg and foot ulcers and traumatic wounds e.g skin tears and surgical wounds. Mepilex Border can also be used on dry/necrotic wounds in combination with gels.
Frequency of change
Mepilex Border may be left in place for up to 7 days depending on the wound condition, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice.
Directions for Use:
- Gently cleanse the wound; dry surrounding skin. Choose a size that will allow the dressing to overlap the wound area by at least 2 cm. Remove the release film.
- Apply dressing with the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch. When used on an extremity, position Mepilex® slightly below the center of the wound to avoid leakage caused by gravitation.
- Fixate Mepilex® with Mepitac® tape, Mefix® fabric tape,a compression bandage, or other secondary fixation product such as Tubifast®.
In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment. Do not use Mepilex Border together with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide. Mepilex Border should be stored in dry conditions below 35°C (95F) and be protected from direct sunlight.