Antimicrobial, absorbent all-in-one foam dressing with Safetac technology
- Minimizes pain and trauma associated with dressing change
- Provides rapid, broad spectrum antimicrobial efficacy and sustained silver activity
- Advanced fluid handling for optimal exudate management
How Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag works
Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag is an antimicrobial all-in-one foam dressing that effectively absorbs and retains exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals the wound edges, preventing leakage of exudate onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. Safetac technology also minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient. Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag offers all the advantages of Mepilex Border in conjunction with optimal antimicrobial efficacy and odour control. Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag inactivates wound related pathogens within 30 minutes of application and maintains release action for up to 7 days. Its antimicrobial properties are effective against a wide range of organisms including MRSA, VRE, and Pseudomonas.
Benefits of Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag
- No secondary fixation required
- Can remain in place for up to 7 days depending on wound condition and exudate level
- Maintains a moist wound environment
- Low friction coefficient for secure fixation
Indications for use
Mepilex Border Sacrum Ag is ideal for wounds with moderate to heavy exudate such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, malignant wounds, partial thickness burns, traumatic and surgical wounds.
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
- Do not use on patients undergoing the following: radiation therapy, X-ray, ultrasound, diathermy or Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Do not use in conjunction with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide.