NEW WOUND CONTACT LAYER WITH SAFETAC TECHNOLOGY SAFETAC LAYER ON WOUND CONTACT SIDE ONLY
Mepitel One is a newly launched one sided version of Mepitel that utilizes the product benefits from Mepitel, but is easier to handle. As with the Mepitel, Mepitel One can be left in place for up to 14 days depending on the condition of the wound. This reduces the necessity for frequent primary dressing changes. The porous structure of Mepitel One allows exudate to pass into an outer absorbent dressing. The Safetac layer prevents the outer dressing from sticking to the wound and ensures atraumatic dressing changes. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizes the risk of maceration.
Benefits of Mepitel One
- Minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- Can remain in place for up to 14 days which in turn ensures undisturbed wound healing
- Enables less frequent dressing changes
- Minimizes the risk of maceration
- Maintained product properties over time - leaves no residues and does not dry out
- Full transparency for quick and easy wound inspection during application and during wear
- Thin. Conforms well to body contours, promoting patient comfort during wear
- Easy to use as Mepitel One won´t stick to gloves, scissors, second layer etc
- Stronger Safetac adhesion for extra security
Areas of use
Mepitel One is designed for the management of a wide range of exuding wounds such as painful wounds, skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical incisions, partial thickness burns, traumatic wounds, blistering, lacerations, partial and full thickness grafts, radiated skin, leg and foot ulcers. It can also be used as a protective layer on non-exuding wounds and on areas with fragile skin.
Note: If Mepitel One is used on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients, employ extra surveillance at dressing changes. Adhesion level of Mepitel One is somewhat higher than Mepitel.
Directions for use:
- Gently clean the wound area; dry surrounding skin. Remove the release film.
- Apply Mepitel® One to the wound allowing it to overlap onto the surrounding skin by 2 cm.
- Apply a cover dressing such as Mesorb® over Mepitel® One and fixate in place.
- The wound should be inspected for signs of infection according to clinical practice. Consult a healthcare professional for the appropriate medical treatment.
- Mepitel® One may be used on Epidermolysis Bullosa patients after consulting a qualified health care professional.
- When used on partial thickness burns with high risk of rapid granulation or after facial resurfacing: avoid placing pressure upon the dressing, lift and reposition the dressing at least every second day.
- When used on bleeding wounds or wounds with high viscosity exudate, Mepitel® One should be covered with a moist absorbent dressing pad.
- When Mepitel® One is used for the fixation of skin grafts, the dressing should not be changed before the fifth day post application.
- Do not reuse. If reused performance of the product may deteriorate, cross contamination may occur. Sterile. Do not use if inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilize.
When Mepitel® One is used in conjunction with Avance or other NPWT systems always document the numbers or cut pieces of Mepitel® One used in the patient’s record to ensure that no Mepitel® One is left in the wound when the dressing is changed.